Southill is a school which aims to provide every child with the best possible education in a happy and safe environment, developing skills to succeed and participate in a global community by working together to create:
Happy children who:
- love coming to school
- thrive in a safe, secure and caring environment
- are proud of their achievements
- find learning fun, purposeful and challenging
- leave school with fond memories
- build positive and rewarding relationships
Confident learners who:
- can work independently and with others
- enjoy learning through a creative and challenging curriculum
- embrace learning with resilience and enthusiasm
- are encouraged to be creative and to find their own way
- learn from failure and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
Prepared citizens who:
- understand their rights and their responsibilities towards others
- make choices based on an understanding of their actions’ consequences
- are kind and caring
- believe they can effect change and make a difference
- adapt to a diverse and ever-changing world
- benefit from being in a school with close links to parents and their local community.
At Southill Primary School we uphold and actively promote fundamental British Values, as directed by the DFE, through our spiritual, moral and cultural education, encompassing our Unicef Rights Respecting Schools work and the PSHE SEAL programme.
Lord Nash, in November 2014 Guidance on promoting British Values, said:
” A key part of our plan for education is to ensure children become valuable and fully rounded members of society, who treat others with respect and tolerance, regardless of background.
We want every school to promote the basic British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those of different faiths and beliefs.
This ensures young people understand the importance of respect and leave school fully prepared for life in modern Britain.”
At Southill Primary School we actively promote British values through our school and class charters, the curriculum and teaching. We promote respect and tolerance for all cultures, faiths and lifestyles. We are fully committed to preparing children for becoming responsible citizens of the future.