This afternoon, Year 6 headed out onto the playground for their PE lesson. Today’s lesson had the children focusing on a variety of skills as they took part in a carousel of basketball activities.
These skills involved:
- accurate dribbling along a straight line
- dribbling between cones using both hands and passing accurately to a team mate
- shooting accurately after a crossover
- bouncing accurately in a hoop (with no double-dribble!)
- passing and keeping possession before shooting
Throughout each activity, the children focused on communicating with their team, dribbling confidence and passing with accuracy. It was great to see how well the class progressed in each skill throughout the lesson.
A great session Year 6, well done!