At Southill we inspire children to be happy and ambitious, enabling them to excel by nurturing positive relationships, developing their confidence and preparing them to thrive within a global community.
Our aims for children who attend this school are to develop:
Happy children who:
- love coming to school
- thrive in a safe, secure and caring environment
- aim high to achieve excellence and are proud of their achievements
- enjoy learning through an engaging and well-structured curriculum
- find learning fun, purposeful and challenging in ways that develops their own interests
- build positive and rewarding relationships
- are reciprocal, treating others with kindness and respect
- leave school with fond memories.
Confident learners who:
- can work independently with others
- embrace the school day with resilience and enthusiasm
- face learning challenges in new and varied places and environments
- are encouraged to be resourceful and find their own way
- reflect on mistakes and aren’t afraid to ask questions
- can seek help and support when they know they need it
- are secure in themselves and make choices accordingly.
Prepared citizens who:
- learn about living in Britain and the world
- understand their rights and responsibilities towards others
- believe they can effect change and make a difference
- have exciting and positive ambitions for themselves
- have broad horizons when thinking about their future
- accept and value others’ differences
Our vision for the school
We believe that learning should be fun, purposeful and challenging. Through our creative and exciting curriculum we aim to equip each child with the skills they need for lifelong learning.
We aim to develop confident, independent learners who are proud of their achievements and are well prepared for life in modern Britain and the wider world. Through positive attitudes and partnerships we endeavour to develop the whole child, meeting individual needs in a safe and secure environment where differences are celebrated and respected.
We believe that all members of our school community should work together to maintain a safe and stimulating environment that encompasses both inside and outside learning.
We aim to promote sustainability and an awareness of worldwide issues through our curriculum and the links made with our local and global communities.
We believe our staff should enjoy their work and be passionate about what they do, developing good teamwork and positive partnerships for effective teaching, high standards and successful learning.